Thursday, January 13, 2011

My newest published pattern is a year old.

I originally came up with "A Tale of Two Headbands" for the Phat Fiber Sample Box in January 2010. Since then, I've come up with other designs and vastly improved my photography skills.

I made headbands with this pattern recently for 2 nieces who have birthdays around Christmas. People with birthdays around that time seem to get a combo gift. I try to remember their birthdays and send them something on the day.

Here are the Two Sisters Two Birthdays Two Headbands;


Two sisters two birthdays two headbands


This is the original, made with Malabrigo Chunky, purchased from WC Mercantile in Navasota, TX:

Malabrigo

And these are the narrow headbands of a mesh/lace:

Grey lace unblocked with malabrigo lace

A close up of the grey when blocked:

Grey lace showing close up of lace detail when blocked

And the two headbands from one skein of Malabrigo Chunky that inspired the pattern:

Malabrigo 2 head bands garter st i cord and one row lace



Many thanks to my fiber partners:
Light Brown Hare – lightbrownhare.etsy.com, "Down the Shore 1" (pastel blue, yellow and white model) - Jackalope, sock superwash merino/nylon, I Navajo plied the yarn to make it the right weight
Boho Knitter Chic – bohoknitterchic.etsy.com "Nemo" (orange, grey and white model) - Fiber Content: bamboo, mohair, Falkland, alpaca, superwash wool, Angelina – fibers from Silver Sun Alpaca
WC Mercantile – wcmercantile.etsy.com Malabrigo Chunky The best little wool shop in Texas
Grey model knit of Paton Classic Wool

You can find this pattern on ravelry.com, search under "Gari Lynn" or garilynn.etsy.com.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's been a year!! Keep up the excellent work, Gari!

    ReplyDelete