Friday, July 1, 2011

Butterfly Silk

Butterfly silk butterfly with bead head 2

This is the larger of the two butterflies in my pattern "Butterfly Motif". It is knit of 2 ply Bulky Silk yarn from White Rabbit Fibers (www.whiterabbitfibers.com) , custom dyed by Fun House Fibers (www.funhousefibers.com).

For fun, I added a bead. I am new to beading and found that if one does not have adequate lighting and magnification, one should not try to work with thin black thread.

The pattern is available at  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/butterfly-motif-2 for $1. I also have a kit with the pattern, yarn for one butterfly of both sizes and some beads for embellishments at garilynn.etsy.com.

Almost finished with "Stone River Shawl". Pictures soon.Lots of blocking in my future!

Take care and keep your yarn dry.






No comments:

Post a Comment