Monday, January 6, 2014

Austin Cable Beanies and fingerless gloves

Looking back at some Christmas knitting:

This is a shorter version of my Austin Slouchy Cable Beanie http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/austin-slouchy-cable-beanie  I call this one "Austin Cable Beanie". I make 2 cable crosses instead of three and it fits just over the ears. Made of Lion Brand worsted weight Wool Ease for easy care. I always gift using washable, affordable yarns. I selfishly save the "good" stuff for me.

Of course I decided to make these starting on December 22. Austin Slouchy Cable Beanie is a fast knit and since I was not making Christmas dinner, I could devote all my time to speed knitting. 

I also created a new companion design, fingerless gloves that use the pointed cable motif from the top of the beanies. I'll have that pattern on Ravelry soon.

I made a Royal blue set for DD. Her dark hazel eyes are even more beautiful when she wears blue.

garilynn.esty.com  garilynn on Ravelry  garilynn on patternfish.com

No comments:

Post a Comment