Friday, March 11, 2011

All Sorts

I have always loved licorice. This assured me a steady supply of the black jelly beans as a child. None of my siblings could stand licorice. I also had a great weapon against them (squeamish lot that they were) - masticated black jelly beans.

Now that I am an adult, my karmic punishment for tormenting my siblings is that I can't eat licorice for medical reasons. Well, it was great fun while it lasted.

The Phat Fiber Sampler Box March theme is "Sweet Shop". I designed an homage to one of my beloved licorice candies "All Sorts". The design is simple, an I cord edged open mesh rectangle that can be fastened by elastic loops attached to enormous buttons or I cord drawstings or both.

Here are some pictures some of the ways to wear "All Sorts"

All sorts diagonal point cowl

All sorts shrug

All sorts one shoulder scarf

All sorts long scarf

Many thanks to Booknerd for the custom yarn for this model. See her fabulous work at booknerd.etsy.com.

Also featured are Oruaka buttons, available at oruaka.etsy.com

My giveaway and the Super Box contribution is an All Sorts Spinning kit with 2 of these Oruaka buttons:

Oruaka long skinny triangle buttons copy

8 oz of this Black & white wool roving from dreamcrafter.etsy.com

Black and white wool roving

Also, the pattern & elastic cord.

The roving can be dyed, I experimented with some in All Sorts colors. Very cute.

The pattern is available on Ravelry for $1. I am donating 50% of the proceeds to the Red Cross. March is Red Cross month.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I have a skein of the Marble Chunky I don't know what to make with so this would solve my problem! I like licorice too. Those little good and plenty things, the pink and white capsule looking candy were a guarantee I didn't have to share with the kids! ha ha

    ReplyDelete